We are committed to making the child the centre of our work.
In order to make this effective, we aim to foster good relationships with parent/carers, recognising them as the child's first and most important educators.
We believe that a partnership between home and the centre will help the child have the best possible experience in their formative early years.
Stepping Stone's Aims and Objectives are to:
- Provide a safe, happy care and learning environment for children up to the age of 5 years.
- Ensure children receive the high quality, challenging learning opportunities which build on the children's interests and capabilities and are carefully planned to work with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Manage the transition between leaving their home environment and settling into our early years centre.
- Ensure all children feel valued, respected and included.
- Provide learning through play both indoors and outdoors.
- Ensure staff and other adults provide a good role model in their relationships with others. Ensure children's early experiences should be of high quality.
- Provide children with opportunities to develop their physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social skills.
- Recognise every child is an individual with his/her own personality.
- We encourage each child to develop at their own pace and to explore the delights of being child, whilst discovering that learning for life is fun and fascinating.
- Develop the children's awareness of diversity in the community and respect for each others values and customs.
- Be involved with the children's play, engaging in conversation and interact appropriately, extending their learning and understanding.
- Self evaluate to enhance our performance.